These homemade biscuits are deliciously spiced with the sweet tones cinnamon, coriander and cloves. They also contain less sugar than traditional biscuit recipes, and along with the natural antioxidant properties of the spices, this makes them a healthier alternative to enjoy with your tea.
175g softened butter
100g golden caster sugar
225g plain (all-purpose) flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground cloves
2 tbsp milk
- Beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices, and mix until well combined.
- Add the milk and make into a soft dough.
- Gently roll the biscuits into walnut-sized balls and flatten them slightly with a fork. Place the balls on baking sheets 3” apart to allow them space for spreading during cooking.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven, 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Leave the biscuits to cook and harden on a wire rack.