This soup is so simple and easy to make- a great winter warmer for a light supper, or when you simply want something quick, nutritious and healthy.
Carrots are packed with beta-carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant; and fresh coriander leaves are rich in iron, and help relieve digestive problems.
- 1 tbsp oil/ghee
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 potato, chopped
- 450g carrots (3 large of 4 medium-sized carrots) peeled and chopped
- 1.2litre vegetable or chicken stock
- handful coriander (about ½ a supermarket packet)
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry them for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the ground coriander and potato, then cook for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots and stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and cook for 20 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Tip into food processor with the coriander and blitz until smooth (you may need to do this in two batches). Alternatively, use a hand held blender.
- Return the soup to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and reheat to serve.